Join us at Carteret Community College in Morehead City, NC for a special symposium designed for the boat builder. Attendees will be awarded 4 Continuing Education Credits from ABYC.
Moderator/Presenter: Craig Scholten, ABYC Vice President, Technical Department
Cost: ABYC Member $ 79; Non-member $ 99
Limited seating available!
7:00-8:00am Continental Breakfast & Networking
· Introductions - John Adey, ABYC President
· Industry update, product liability, and recent court cases
8:00- 8:50am Overview of Minimum USCG regulations:
· USCG and the adoption of ABYC S-30 outboard engine weights
· USCG – Marine Safety Alert on Navigation and “Decorative” lighting
· USCG inspections at boat shows and dealerships – Factory Inspections
· Defect Notifications
· Importance of maintaining a Technical File - Test Reports, what to include - Record Retention Guidelines
Break 8:50 -9:00
9:00 -9:50am Are you building/exporting boats?
· California, Australia, Canada, China or Europe? What you need to know
· New “Executive Order” requirements for boats – CARB certified components
· Flotation material – New US EPA requirements coming on the type of flotation used
· US EPA fuel system regulations – Proof of compliance to required tests, record keeping
Break 9:50 -10:00
10:00-10:50am Quality Assurance - Inspection Documenting
· Fuel & LPG Pressure tests
· Correct Capacity Label & product safety warning signs confirmed
· Boat Owner’s Manual Provided
· Manuals of installed components and accessories
10:50-11:15New Standardized Warning Labels Available -Free Downloadable Artwork
- Identify the “must warn” hazards using statistical accident data
- Standardize the labels across the industry
- Develop a mechanism for builders to identify the messages that should be present on their boat
11:15 – 12:00 Q&A and Wrap-up
Any cancellation requests must be made no less than 7 days prior to the event to receive a full refund of the registration fee.