2/14/2017 to 2/17/2017
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Map this event »
3700 Gilmore Way
Burnaby, British Columbia V5G 4M1
« Go to Upcoming Event List
| Course registration fee:
- ABYC Member price: $965
- Non-Member price: $1,250
*Price includes Study Guide and lunch each day
|This 4 day course is designed for the marine professional with at least 3 - 5 years’ experience working with marine systems design, installation or repair and will provide the student with a comprehensive and focused look at the key ABYC standards. The successful certification candidate should have some familiarity with ABYC standards.
Certification Requirements (New for 2017)
|The new certification requirements are in effect for this course. For more information click HERE.
- Potable water systems
- Marine sanitation systems
- Hull piping
- Electrical installations
- Compressed gas for cooking and heating
- Air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Fuel systems (gas and diesel)
- Steering and control systems
- Accessory control systems
- Fire protection systems
- General knowledge and boatyard etiquette. (Addresses specific tool usage and precision measurement)
- A-4, Fire Fighting Equipment
- A-6, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Equipment
- A-24, Carbon Monoxide Detection Systems on Boats
- E-11, AC and DC Electrical Systems on Boats
- H-22, Electric Bilge Pump Systems
- H-23, Water Systems for Use on Boats
- H-27, Seacocks, Thru-hull Fittings, and Drain Plugs
- H-24, Gasoline Fuel Systems
- H-25, Portable Gasoline Fuel Systems
- H-32, Ventilation of Boats Using Diesel
- H-33, Diesel Fuel Systems
- P-1, Installation of Exhaust Systems for Propulsion and Auxiliary Engines
- P-14, Mechanical Propulsion Control Systems
- P-24, Electric/Electronic Propulsion Control Systems
Code of Federal Regulations
- The exam is comprised of 208 questions
- The passing score: 84%
- Timed Exam: 3 Hours
- CEUs available: 32
Lunch (New for 2017)
|Pricing includes lunch each day.
Please let us know upon registration if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies. There is however, no guarantee that we will be able to accommodate all food intolerance /special diets.
Contact Sandy Brown email@example.com (410) 990-4460 x101
- present a photo ID on exam day.
- bring a #2 pencil on the exam day.
Candidates may reference all study materials including the supplied study guide, class notes and additional ABYC Standards in either printed or computer-based form during the certification exam.
Students with ADA accommodations must inform the ABYC in writing of said needs at the time of class registration to ensure that any special accommodations can be made for exam taking. Students may use a calculator during the exam.
Requests for cancellation and refund of a class registration must be submitted, in writing, no less than 10 days prior to the course start date. A $150 cancellation fee will apply. Refunds will not be considered for non-attendance or for requests received less than 10 days prior to the course start date. Cancellation requests may be emailed to Casey Bates at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be issued within 30 days after the course end date.
ABYC reserves the right to cancel classes based on enrollment and/or instructor availability no later than two weeks prior to the course start date. Please take this into consideration when making any travel or accommodation arrangements. ABYC will not provide any reimbursements for travel expenses.
For more information on ABYC Education policies click: HERE