Presented by Stephen Bullard, Senior Sales Director - PierVantage
July 25, 2013 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Eastern
Cost for all ABYC Members or ABBRA Members $89.95 Non-members $125.00
(ABBRA Members who are not ABYC Members must call ABYC to Register 410-990-4460 X-101)
Every company has the challenge of matching its physical inventory to customer and service demands. How well the company manages this challenge has a major impact on its profitability.
In this 45 minute webinar we will provide you with some tools to assist you in becoming more efficient with your inventory portfolio allowing additional dollars to hit your bottom line.
Following the presentation, there will be a 15 minute Q&A session.
A general outline of what will be discussed is listed below:
· Inventory Management Organization
1. Inventory Functions
2. Organizational Responsibilities
1. Role of Purchasing
2. Purchasing and Inventory Performance
3. Determining How Much to Buy
4. Forecasting Annual Procurement Volumes
5. Purchasing Methods, Order Types and special orders
· Parts Management
1. Parts Catalog
2. Inventory Inclusions/Exclusions
3. Excess and Obsolete Items
· Inventory Accounting and Physical Control
1. Maintaining Accurate Records and Valuing Inventory
2. Cycle Counting
3. Physical Inventories
· Evaluating the Inventory Management Function
1. Performance Measures and Indicators
2. "Real-World" Factors Affecting Inventory
Stephen Bullard - Senior Sales Director - PierVantage
Stephen has over thirty years of marine industry experience, with over twenty years directly related to the management of well-known marine service facilities in New England and the Pacific Northwest. Prior to joining CorVant, Stephen spent six years providing professional services and promoting marine operational software to boat yards, boat builders, dealerships and marinas throughout North America. These positions have led Stephen to a high level of understanding in the marine services arena in the following areas: project management, yard operations, business process & procedures, service management, customer account management, financial analysis, forensic accounting, inventory set up and inventory management.
Stephen completed a 12 month course in boat design at the Landing School in Maine and has spent his entire life on the water logging more than 15,000 miles sailing in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. He also enjoys offshore fishing and is licensed to handle power and sailing vessels up to 100 tons.